Increased automotive production is a key factor driving webbing market revenue growth
Market Size - USD 3.45 Billion in 2021, Market Growth - at a CAGR of 7.0%, Market Trends - Rising demand for high impact resistance, hardness, and resistance to a range of organic solvents, acid, and alkali corrosion
New York, September 26, 2022 - The global webbing market size was USD 3.45 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Increased automotive production is a key factor driving market revenue growth. The webbing has a high impact on the automotive seat belt's properties. The fabric's structure enhances functionality. Braided seat belts, seat belts with printed faces and backs, seat belts with load-sensitive features, and energy-storing seat belts are just a few of the available options for seat belts. Filament yarns made of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) or Polyamide (PA) are used to make seat belt webbing. Although PET has replaced PA as the major fiber in seatbelts, PA has long been the predominant fiber in seatbelts. PET is preferred owing to its increased ability to absorb impact energy, decreased fading from sunlight, and improved dimensional stability in a variety of temperature and humidity situations.
Rising need for high-impact resistance and hardness to a variety of organic solvents, acid, and alkali corrosion are key factors driving market revenue growth. Thermoplastic polypropylene is one of the most well-liked polymer substances. It can be applied in a range of commercial and industrial contexts. Polypropylene webbing can change color quite quickly since colored polypropylene is extruded rather than dyed after weaving. Moreover, it can be recycled, making it eco-friendly.
The main factors driving market revenue growth include rising demand for webbing owing to its use in numerous industries, including climbing, slacklining, furniture making, vehicle safety, auto racing, towing, parachuting, military gear, load fastening, and others. Strips of tightly woven, durable materials, such as nylon, Kevlar, and Nomex, are used to make military webbing. When used for different applications such as parachutes and ballooning, these materials also meet Parachute Industry Association (PIA) criteria. Mil-spec webbing is used to make military belts, packs, pouches, and other equipment.
To understand how our Webbing Market can bring difference to your business strategy:-Download Summary
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- Man-made segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021. The man-made segment includes polypropylene, nylon, polyethylene, polyethylene, and others. The webbing can be constructed of any material, but nylon is the strongest. The texture of the webbing is smooth and glossy. It is simple to treat nylon webbing to make it flame- and water-resistant.
- The natural segment is expected to register a moderate revenue growth rate over the forecast period. The natural segment includes cotton and others. Webbing made of cotton has the lowest breaking strength. For instance, cotton webbing is used in applications such as tie downs, shade sail edges, bundling, banding, clothing, upholstery, bag straps, furniture strapping, curtain reinforcing, outdoor gear, decorative trim, maritime canvas, and others. Low temperatures cause moisture on the webbing to evaporate and do not harm the material since cotton webbing resists heat.
- Flat webbing segment is expected to register a significant revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Solid webbing, commonly referred to as flat webbing, is produced in a range of thicknesses. Solid webbing is often used for applications such as seatbelts and is distinguished by its flat look. Although it is lightweight, the material is prone to tearing since wear and tear tends to harm the material's outside surface. Solid webbing is suited for uses where the material is woven into a bigger product as it is generally too rigid to perform in applications that require knots. For instance, backpack straps are made of this kind of strong webbing.
- Tubular webbing segment is expected to register a moderate revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Tubular webbing is made of two sheets of cloth and is thicker and more resilient than solid webbing. It carries tension better than solid webbing and is useful for knotting applications such as a rope for lifting. For instance, for activities such as climbing, utilizing tubular webbing that is woven into a continuous loop is recommended.
- Webbing market in Asia Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021. Growth in the automotive sector, especially the increase in demand for passenger cars in countries such as India and China is driving market revenue growth in the region to some extent. Rising demand is attributed to various factors from the industrial sector, from furniture and sporting products. According to research, the three main ports for the import of nylon webbing into India are Chennai sea worth USD 0.7614 Million, followed by Tughlakabad worth USD 0.4903 Million, and Kolkata air cargo worth USD 0.490 Million is driving the market revenue growth of the region to some extent.
- Companies profiled in the market report include Oppermann GmbH, American Cord & Webbing Co., Inc., Belt-tech, Inka Oy, Leedon Webbing, Ohio Plastics Belting Co, Tennessee Webbing Products, National Webbing Products, Murdock Webbing Company, Inc., and Bally Ribbon Mills.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global webbing market based on material, product, end-use, and region:
Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Flat Webbing
- Tubular Webbing
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Industrial & Safety
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA